SAP ECC is structured around modules. These modules are business functions within a company. Key ECC modules are listed below.
- FI (Financial Accounting) - FI module handles Financial accounting for an organization. Sub modules include GL (General Ledger), AP (Accounts Payable), AR (Accounts Receivable), and AA (Asset Accounting). This module helps companies prepare financial statements, handle vendor and customer account transactions, and fixed asset transactions.
- CO (Controlling) - CO module handles Managerial accounting for an organization. The purpose of this module is to handle internal management reporting. Sub module include CCA (Cost Center accounting), PCA (Profit Center accounting), CO-PA (Profitability analysis), CO-PC (Product Costing).
- IM (Investment Management) - IM handles capital investment planning for an organization. The purpose of this module is to manage planning and monitoring of capital investment budget.
- PS (Project Systems) - PS module handles projects for an organization. You can plan and manage cost, effort and schedule for all the projects.
- SD (Sales and Distribution) - SD module handles process used to sell and deliver product or services to suppliers.The purpose of this module is manage all the transactions for creating and managing customer sales orders.
- MM (Material Management) - MM module handles complete material flow for all materials for an organization. The purpose of this module is to manage planning, and control of production material.
- QM (Quality Maintenance) - QM module handles the quality inspections of products. The purpose of this module is to help Quality personal inspect the lot and check results.
- PM (Plant Maintenance) - PM module handles plant maintenance tasks for an organization. The purpose of this module is to help schedule routine maintenance in a way that lower impact on manufacturing process.
- PP (Production Planning) - PP module handles planning of production output to achieve sales target and business objectives. The purpose of this module is to set correct production rate to achieve desired inventory level.
Human Resources Modules
- PA (Personnel Management) - PA module handles employee details for an organization. The purpose of this module is to manage complete life cycle of employees.
- PY (Payroll) - PY module handles employee payroll for an organization. The purpose of this module is to manage all the processing required to run payroll.